Why would New Brunswickers want to consider becoming a Rural Community?
There are several reasons why New Brunswickers may want to consider becoming a Rural Community. A Rural Community:
· puts community decision making back in to the hands of community members so that communities can take charge of their own destiny.
· allows residents to be involved in the long-term viability of their community.
· gives community members the opportunity to elect local representatives through a formal election process.
· ensures that the provision of local services is in keeping with the community’s needs, wants, and ability to pay.
· allows communities to have decision-making authority for the sharing of services with other communities.
· allows communities to have dedicated access to Gas Tax Funding.